Truancy on the Go - Manage HB410 Truancy law requirements
Import data from DASL with no double entry of data (version 2.0v1)
• Track students with attendance problem
• Create absence intervention plans for students
• Create attendance profiles for students
• Quickly generate school calendars used to create consecutive hours
• Easily adjust calendar to accommodate calamity day issues
• Notify instantly when a student is:
Absent 30 or more consecutive hours without a legitimate excuse;
Absent 42 or more hours in one school month without a legitimate excuse;
Absent 72 or more hours in one school year without a legitimate excuse;
Absent 38 or more hours in one school month with or without a legitimate excuse;
Absent 65 or more hours in one school year with or without a legitimate excuse;
• Low annual cost ($50 per building)
• Works on a PC, Mac, iPad or iPhone
* Currently working on an update to import data from other student management systems
PC/Mac Download Directions
Download PC version (install_truancy.zip)
1. Download the install_truancy.zip file to you computer.
2. Open the zip and drag the Truancy on the Go folder to your desktop (or whatever location you want the program)
3. Open the folder and click on the Truancy on the Go.exe to open the program
4. Warning: do not try to open the program while it is contained in the zip. It must be copied or extracted from the zip.
Download Mac version (install_truancy.dmg) require OSX 10.10 or greater
1. This will download a file named install_truancy.dmg
2. Open this dmg file and drag the Truancy on the Go folder to the Application Folder or your desktop
3. After installing the folder double click the Truancy on the Go app inside of this folder. You might get a error message the first time from the Mac Security about not be able to open the App since it did not come from the App Store. If this happens, hold down the Control key and click on the Truancy on the Go App. Then click open. You should only have to do this once.
4. Warning: do not try to open the program while it is contained in the dmg file. You must drag it to the Application folder or another location on your Mac.
5. You can make an Alias of the Truancy on the Go app to place on your desktop for easy access.
PC/Mac Updater to version 2.0v4 (corrects a problem with totaling unexcused absences)
Click to Download Updater (update_truancy,zip)
1. Rename the Truancy_otg file in the Truancy on the Go folder to oldTruancy_otg (no space between old and Truancy)
2. download the update_truancy.zip file
3. Open the update_truancy zip file and drag the Truancy_otg file from the zip to the Truancy on the Go folder
4. Open the Truancy on the Go program and follow the on screen directions
5. Run a R307 import from the start of the school year to the current date to update all of your records
Download Truancy on the Go iPad/iPhone Directions
You must have FileMaker Go 15 or 16 installed on your iPad to use this solution. If you don't have FileMaker Go installed on your iPhone/iPad, FileMaker Go is a free app on the iTunes App store. After installing FileMaker Go, the App will open with a tour of FileMaker Go. If you want to close the tour, tap on the circle icon or folder in the upper left corner and select Close File. After install the FileMaker Go App you'll need to install the Truancy_otg file.
Download FileMaker Go 15
Tap to Download Truancy on the Go to your iPad/iPhone
1. Tap the download link for Truancy on the Go (this may take a few seconds to download)
2. After the file downloads, tap Open in "FileMaker..." to install the file
3. Follow the on screen installation directions