OTES on the Go 6.0v1 now works on a Windows 8 or 10 and Macintosh Computers
To use OTES on the Go on your computer you will need to have FileMaker Pro 14,15,16 or 17 installed. If you do not have FileMaker Pro you can download a trial at FileMaker Download. You can either download a 32 bit or 64 bit version of FileMaker Pro for your Windows computer. You should download the version that matches the version of Outlook you are using. If you are using a 32 bit version of Outlook, then download the 32 bit version of FileMaker Pro. If you are using 64 bit Outlook, then download the 64 bit version of FileMaker Pro. Outlook is used to directly email observations to teachers. If you don't have Outlook, you can still email observations by attaching a PDF to an email. On a Mac OTES on the Go works with Apple Mail. OTES on the Go will not automatically attach PDFs to web mail. You will need to manually attach the PDF.
After FileMaker Pro is installed, tap the Download install_otes.zip link to save the zipped install_otes file to your device. Choose to save the file instead of open when downloading. Extract the OTES_otg.fmp12 file from the downloaded zipped file to use the program. Do not try to use or open the OTES_otg file while it is still in the zipped file. You must copy if from the zipped file or extract it from the zipped file to your computer. Once this is done, open the OTES_otg file to use the program.
UPGRADE A PREVIOUS VERSION TO 6.0v1 (mac or PC)
If you have a previous version of OTES on the Go you can update by doing the following:
1. Make a back up of your OTES_otg file
2. If your current OTES_otg file is not in your Documents folder, move the file to the Documents folder
(make sure the OTES on the Go is closed before you move the file)
3. Save the Update OTES (update_otes.zip) file to your computer by clicking Download update_otes.zip
4. Extract or copy the update_otes_otg file from the zip (do not try to open the update_otes_otg file while it is in the zip)
5. Place the update_otes_otg file into the Documents folder
6. Open the update_otes_otg file to run the update